So this is my first ever blog post, how exciting.... maybe.
I have recently been in a whirl wind state of mind about numerous things, mainly being in my last year of my joint degree (Education Studies and Psychology), getting married in February, starting up a YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmz93z7MIPA), and generally deciding which direction my life will go.
A lady once referred to me as 'a jack of all trades, a master of none'. Now, I must admit, I was always one to swap from job to job and never really be happy. Prior to my decision to return to education back in 2012, I had had numerous different jobs ranging from bar staff, to retail, to numerous sales jobs in different industries. I then sadly got made redundant from my sales job and was left with no job, barely any money, and scratching my head as I decided what to do next. This was a turning point for me, or so I thought, and I decided to return to education to pursue a career in teaching.
It was in college when I first discovered my love for psychology. I studied two subjects on the Access to Higher Education course which in basic terms is a quick way to get into university for those who do not have A-Levels or equivalent qualifications - like me. From there, I studied and read psychology so much I fell head over heels for it, inspired by my sociology tutor who also had an interest in psychology, funnily enough!
Here I am, three years later, studying psychology and education and my life plan has changed completely. My first two placements at university were a total struggle for me, the first placement being in a boy's grammar school and secondly, as a one to one career for a two year old. Both placements were not suited to me at all and I strongly disliked both!
So now here I am, about to embark on a new life with my husband-to-be Frank, still unsure of my future and where the heck I am going to take my degree! I have so many opportunities but my desire to be financially stable and in my own home seems such a distant goal at the moment.
I had a meeting with the Head of Psychology at my university last week, and she threw another spanner in the works. Not only does she believe in me and my ability to become a counsellor, but she clearly sees some sort of talent in me that I'm yet to discover myself.
Basically, the point of this blog post is to believe in yourself. I had a mini epiphany in the meeting I had last Thursday, and the conclusion was that I am in total control of my own destiny. That Audi TT I am striving for? I can make that happen. That high powered and highly rewarding job I'd like? Only I can do that by applying myself to my studies. Those millions of pug dogs I want? Well.... I could probably aim for another two, maybe a million is slightly excessive. Ha.
So in other words, only YOU can control how your life plans out. Yes, there may be some things that happen to which you cannot control but hey - that's life! Otherwise, take life with both hands, work hard, play harder and sculpt your life to exactly how you want it.
That's all folks!
VLJ
Xx
No comments:
Post a Comment