Being sweet sixteen isn't actually all that sweet. It is when your mind and and body are in the heights of lots of changes and the world seems like a big, scary place.
GCSE's are looming, and you are being forced to attend all the careers meetings going, for what? To change your mind once you leave school? To discover you actually don't have the qualifications to be an astronaut or a global fashion model?
Here is some advice that I, at the grand age of 25 years young, would tell my 16 year old self:
1) Stop being so lazy - I hated getting up for school, I hated homework, chores, anything that required a bit of effort. Put the effort in now my love and the rewards will come easier.
2) Your mates don't know best - peer pressure is so common amongst teenagers it's almost impossible to avoid, however, if I had my time again i would swerve the lambrini down the park and give family time in a go.
3) Your mum does know best - it's true. Listen to her.
4) Start saving your money now - my dad always told me to start a savings fund, which I did, and managed to save about £109.50 in total, which I spent in Tammy Girl.
5) Them Nike Air's and Adidas shiny trackies are not cool - enough said.
That's all folks!
VLJ
Xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment